Tense And Aspect - 4
1 . John (construct) ______ three apartments in this part of the town in 1990.
2. By the time the project completed she (know) _______ intricacies of it.
3. All of a sudden, Ram understood that he (lose) ______ his valet.
4. (you see) _______ Mary in the meeting last week?
5. Rani said that she (write) _______ three exams.
6. Peter’s uncle (not want) ______to stay at the flat the entire day
7. The workers were dog-tired as they (work) ______ continuously a week without a holiday.
8. The insurance company (extend) _______ her assistance for her new house.
9. The boys told their teacher all what they (do) ________ the night before.
10. The two unemployed youth (get) ________ an opportunity in their desired media yesterday.
11 .Martin said that he (never be) ______ so delighted.
12. I wanted to purchase this painting but the shop-keeper (already sell) _______it to another.
13. Mary (see) _________ John at the university last week.
14. How many years (you study) _________ English when you applied for that job?
15. I (can’t paint) ________ when I was a child.
16. When I went to the concert the programme (already begin) _________.
17. After a heated argument with her brother Sharon (forget) _________ to post the letter.
18. I didn't go to the marriage because nobody (tell) __________ me about it.
19. She asked him if he (ever swim) __________ in the ocean.
20. The boy said: '' he (sleep) __________ until his mom came''.
1 . built 2. had known / knew 3. lost 4. did you 5. had written / wrote
6. did not want 7. worked 8. has extended 9. did 10. found 11 . was never
12. had already lent 13. saw 14. did you study 15. could not paint
16. had already begun 17. forgot 18. told 19. had ever swum 20. slept