AN - Living English - Are you married?

ANNE describes her brother to the private investigator.

ANNE
Can you help me?

JOHN
Well I’ll try. Now tell me about your brother Ms Lee. How old is he?

ANNE
He’s twenty-three.

JOHN
Well that would make him your younger brother. What’s his name?

ANNE
David.

JOHN
And what does he do?

ANNE
He’s a student. Or – he was a student. I don’t know where he is.

JOHN
(looks at the photo)
Hmmm. How tall is he?

ANNE
About a hundred and seventy-five centimetres.

JOHN
Hmmm. And does he speak English?

ANNE
Yes. He speaks English and Chinese. Mr Barbour – can you find him?

JOHN
I’ll certainly try. Now, tell me a little about yourself Miss Lee. Where are you from?

ANNE
I come from Singapore. I’m Singaporean.

JOHN
Right, and how old are you?

ANNE
I’m twenty-five.

JOHN
What do you do?

ANNE
I import wine. I’m a businesswoman. I work in my family’s business.

JOHN
And are you married?

ANNE
No, I’m single.

JOHN
And..er..do you have a boyfriend?

ANNE
Pardon?

JOHN
Oh sorry. We private detectives are a naturally curious bunch. Ms Lee, perhaps you’d better tell the whole story.

ANNE
It all started two years ago...

External Link:
AN - Living English - Are you married?