AN - Living English - First, fry the prawns


Episode 30 - Transcript
ANNE cooks a meal.

SARAH
What are we having?

ANNE
Singapore noodles with prawns. It’s a very famous dish. You can buy it at street stalls everywhere. I hope you like it.

SARAH
I’m sure we will. So, what do we do first?

ANNE
First we have to peel the prawns.

SARAH
Okay. I’ll do that. Now what?

ANNE
Now we’ll fry the prawns. The oil must be very hot. It doesn’t take very long. While I’m doing that, you can chop the leeks. Chop them very fine.
She fries the prawns, while SARAH chops the leeks.

SARAH
Like this?

ANNE
Yes. Sort of…
LATER… She has taken the prawns out of the wok…

SARAH
Now what?

ANNE
Next we add the spices, and some ginger, and the leeks.

SARAH
Okay, and now?

ANNE
Now the leeks are soft, we put in some bean sprouts, and then the prawns, and the noodles.

SARAH
All in together? Is that all?

ANNE
Almost. Lastly we add some of this special sauce. I didn’t think I’d be able to find this here. Your market’s very good. That’s it. We’re almost ready. I hope your family’s hungry.


External Link:
AN - Living English - First, fry the prawns