AN - Living English : Pleased to meet you

Episode 1: Pleased to meet you Anne, a wine dealer from Singapore, arrives at Adelaide Airport and meets her local buyer, Sarah. There are many different ways of meeting people.


Episode 1 - Transcript
Anne, a wine dealer from Singapore, arrives at Adelaide Airport and meets her local buyer, Sarah.

Anne walks out with the other passengers...

ANNE
Excuse me...

SARAH
Anne Lee?

ANNE
Yes. Hello

SARAH
I’m Sarah Taylor. I’m your new local buyer. Pleased to meet you.
(they shake hands)

ANNE
It’s very kind of you to meet me.

SARAH
Oh. Sorry. This is my husband, Mark.

MARK
Good morning. How are you?

ANNE
Very well thankyou.

MARK
How was your flight?

ANNE
Actually, I’m a bit tired. It was a very long flight.

SARAH
Let’s get your bags.

The three watch as the bags go around. Anne points.

ANNE
That’s mine there! The red one.

MARK
It’s heavy!

ANNE
Sorry.

SARAH
Don’t worry. Mark’s strong – aren’t you dear?

MARK
No worries.

SARAH
Come on. Let’s go to the hotel.

They leave the airport.

External Link:
AN - Living English : Pleased to meet you