1. apostate - False.
2. apostle - Any messenger commissioned by or as by divine authority.
3. apothecary - One who keeps drugs for sale and puts up prescriptions.
4. apotheosis - Deification.
5. appall - To fill with dismay or horror.
6. apparent - Easily understood.
7. apparition - Ghost.
8. appease - To soothe by quieting anger or indignation.
9. appellate - Capable of being appealed to.
10. appellation - The name or title by which a particular person, class, or thing is called.
11. append - To add or attach, as something accessory, subordinate, or supplementary.
12. appertain - To belong, as by right, fitness, association, classification, possession, or natural relation.
13. apposite - Appropriate.
14. apposition - The act of placing side by side, together, or in contact.
15. appraise - To estimate the money value of.