1. assassinate - To kill, as by surprise or secret assault, especially the killing of some eminent person.
2. assassination - Murderer, as by secret assault or treachery.
3. assay - The chemical analysis or testing of an alloy ore.
4. assent - To express agreement with a statement or matter of opinion.
5. assess - To determine the amount of (a tax or other sum to be paid).
6. assessor - An officer whose duty it is to assess taxes.
7. assets - Property in general, regarded as applicable to the payment of debts.
8. assiduous - Diligent.
9. assignee - One who is appointed to act for another in the management of certain property and interests.
10. assimilate - To adapt.
11. assonance - Resemblance or correspondence in sound.
12. assonant - Having resemblance of sound.
13. assonate - To accord in sound, especially vowel sound.
14. assuage - To cause to be less harsh, violent, or severe, as excitement, appetite, pain, or disease.
15. astringent - Harsh in disposition or character.