AN - Living English - Come to Lunch

Sarah invites Anne to meet her family.
Episode 7 - Transcript
SARAH invites ANNE to meet her family.
SARAH and ANNE taste a sample
of wine
.

ANNE
Mmm. It’s very smooth. Good flavour too.

SARAH
It sells well in restaurants here. I think these’ll sell well in Singapore.

ANNE
The samples you sent me were very popular with our staff. You seem to understand our tastes in Singapore.

SARAH
Thankyou. It’s my job to know what my clients like.
ANNE seems distracted. SARAH observes her for a moment.

SARAH
So, are you enjoying the city?

ANNE
(unconvincingly)
It’s very nice.

SARAH
What are you going to do tomorrow?

ANNE
I don’t know. I’ll probably stay in the hotel and relax.

SARAH
Why don’t you come to lunch with us at home?

ANNE
Oh thankyou, but you have your family.

SARAH
Yes, and they want to meet you. We’re going to have roast chicken – traditional Aussie food.

ANNE
Sounds good. Alright, I’ll come.

SARAH
Great.

ANNE
What time?

SARAH
We eat at about one-o-clock. So about twelve-thirty? I’ll show you the house.

ANNE
Okay. Thankyou

SARAH
I’ll get my brother to pick you up.

ANNE
No that’s okay. I’ll get a taxi.

SARAH
Alright then. That’s settled!

External Link:
AN - Living English - Come to Lunch