AN - Living English - This is my brother

Anne goes to Sarah's house for lunch.
Episode 8 - Transcript
ANNE goes to SARAH’s house for lunch.
ANNE arrives in a taxi.

TAXI-DRIVER
Here we are.

ANNE
How much is that?

TAXI-DRIVER
That’ll be seventeen-fifty thanks love.
She gives him twenty dollars

ANNE
Keep the change.

TAXI-DRIVER
Thankyou. Have a nice day.
ANNE walks towards the house and knocks.
The door is opened by a little girl (LOUISE).

ANNE
Hello. I’m Anne.
Louise turns and runs.

LOUISE
Mummy!
SARAH comes to the door.

SARAH
Come in Anne!

ANNE
What a beautiful house!

SARAH
It’s been a lot of work, but we’re getting there. This is the bathroom. This is my daughter’s bedroom. And here’s the kitchen.
Louise is in the kitchen ‘helping’.

SARAH
Anne’s here. You’ve met my daughter Louise.

ANNE
Hello Louise.

LOUISE
I’m helping.

ANNE
Yes, I see…

SARAH
And my husband Mark.

ANNE
Hello again.
Mark pretends to have a pain in the back.

ANNE
Ooh! Sorry about my heavy bag.

MARK
Just kidding.

SARAH
But you haven’t met my little brother. This is Steve.

STEVE
I was going to pick you up this morning. You wouldn’t let me.

ANNE
I’m sorry. I like to find my own way around.

STEVE
No worries. Maybe another time.

ANNE
Yes, maybe

SARAH
Come on. Let’s go outside.

External Link:
AN - Living English - This is my brother