AN - Living English - The most beautiful city

They have lunch and talk about differences.

Episode 9 - Transcript They have lunch and talk about differences.

STEVE
So Anne, have you been to an Australian home before?

ANNE
No, never. It's a beautiful home Sarah. So big! The rooms are much bigger than at home. There's more space here.

STEVE
Do you live in a house?

MARK
No Steve – she lives in an igloo.
ANNE
Actually, no. We live in an apartment. Most people do. Singapore is much busier than Adelaide, and more crowded.

STEVE
Yeah, and more exciting. It's so boring here.

SARAH
It's quieter. Some people like that.

ANNE
I don't think it's boring.

MARK
Adelaide is a very beautiful city. It's a better place to live than anywhere else I've been.

SARAH
But you haven't been anywhere. (to ANNE) Mark hates travelling. I love it.

MARK
I just don't see the point of it.

ANNE
What about you Steve? Do you like to travel?

STEVE
Yes. Yeah, I've been to Kula Lumpur, and to Bali. Bali's great!

LOUISE
I've been to the zoo!
They laugh. ANNE smiles

ANNE
You're lucky. I haven't been to the zoo. I'd love to go to the zoo.

STEVE
I'll take you!
There are raised eyebrows at the table.
External Link:
AN - Living English - The most beautiful city