AN - Living English - I thought I saw him


Episode 26 - Transcript
ANNE meets STEVE unexpectedly.

ANNE is trying to keep sight of the young man as she finishes buying her groceries. The young man turns away and she starts after him, but it is too hard to get through the crowd. She bumps into someone.

ANNE
Sorry.

ANNE
Steve!

STEVE
Fancy running into you here! Where are you off to in such a hurry?

ANNE
Oh, Nowhere… I, I thought I saw someone I know.

STEVE
Oh. Where?

ANNE
Oh, it’s okay. He’s gone now. I must’ve made a mistake.

STEVE
You got time for a coffee?

ANNE
Yeah,okay

STEVE
Yeah

STEVE
How about here?

ANNE
Fine.

STEVE
So what are you doing at the market?

ANNE
I’m cooking at your house on Friday, remember?

STEVE
Of course, Friday. That’ll be great.

ANNE
What about you? Do you come here often?
STEVE laughs

ANNE
What’s funny?

STEVE
When someone says, “Do you come here often”, it’s what we call a pick-up line. You know when someone’s trying…

ANNE
I know what a pick-up line is.

STEVE
Sorry. I come here every week to buy fruit. I like fresh fruit for work. What are we having for dinner?

ANNE
You’ll find out on Friday.

WAITER
What would you like?

STEVE
Cappuccino.

WAITER
Yep

STEVE
And a tea please

WAITER
Tea. No worries.

STEVE
Do you want me to take your shopping home? I can put it in the fridge for you.

ANNE
No, that’s okay, I have a fridge in my room at the hotel.

ANNE
The person you saw. Who did you think it was?

ANNE
It’s a long story. Maybe I’ll tell you later.

STEVE
On Friday.

ANNE
Maybe


External Link:
AN - Living English - I thought I saw him