AN - Living English - What Would you Like?

Anne and Steve have lunch.
Episode 16 - Transcript  
Anne and Steve have lunch.
ANNE and STEVE are at the counter getting some food.
The ASSISTANT is waiting for their order.


ASSISTANT
What would you like?

STEVE
Anne?

ANNE
Ummm…I’ll have a cheese and salad sandwich and a cappuccino thanks.

STEVE
Do you have wine?

ASSISTANT
No sir. We don’t serve alcohol. We have coffee, tea, soft drinks and juices.

STEVE
Okay. I’d like a… orange juice and a pie with chips. Do you have sauce?

ASSISTANT
Just help yourself. And I’ll bring the food when it’s ready.

STEVE
Thankyou.
They eat their lunch at an outside table.

ANNE
Is that good?

STEVE
It’s delicious. You should try one. It’s real Aussie food.

ANNE
Maybe one day. I don’t eat a lot of meat.

STEVE
How’s your coffee?

ANNE
It’s very good. Don’t you drink coffee?

STEVE
Sometimes. I prefer tea. Or juice. So, was the koala the best?

ANNE
Oh, definitely. The kangaroos were interesting too. I’ve never seen real ones before. And the birds are wonderful. I think I liked the birds the most. They’re so colourful, and so many different kinds. What about you? What did you like best?

STEVE
Just being here.
He gives her a longing look.

External Link:
AN - Living English - What Would you Like?