AN - Living English - I usually catch a bus

ANNE and STEVE talk about their different lives.
Episode 17 - Transcript  
ANNE and STEVE talk about their different lives.

STEVE
Tell me about your life in Singapore. What do you do every day?

ANNE
Well, I work in my father’s business, importing wines. I live with my family.

STEVE
How do you get to work? Do you catch a bus?

ANNE
Usually. Sometimes I go with my father in his car. What about you? What do you do?

STEVE
I’m a builder. I build houses.

ANNE
And how do you get to work?

STEVE
I drive. I have to use my car for work. I never go by bus.

ANNE
Do you enjoy it? Your work?

STEVE
Mostly. It’s not easy, being a builder. But it’s outside. I prefer to work outside.

ANNE
I never work outside. Occasionally I travel though – like now.

STEVE
And what do you do on the weekend?

ANNE
Sometimes I go shopping. Sometimes I go out.

STEVE
Where do you go? Nightclubs?

ANNE
Not really. Occasionally.

STEVE
Who do you go with?

ANNE
A bunch of friends.

STEVE
Boy friend?

ANNE
Not at the moment.
STEVE cheers up.
External Link:
AN - Living English - I usually catch a bus