1. abase - To lower in position, estimation, or the like; degrade.
2. abbess - The lady superior of a nunnery.
3. abbey - The group of buildings which collectively form the dwelling-place of a society of monks or nuns.
4. abbot - The superior of a community of monks.
5. abdicate - To give up (royal power or the like).
6. abdomen - In mammals, the visceral cavity between the diaphragm and the pelvic floor; the belly.
7. abdominal - Of, pertaining to, or situated on the abdomen.
8. abduction - A carrying away of a person against his will, or illegally.
9. abed - In bed; on a bed.
10. aberration - Deviation from a right, customary, or prescribed course.
11. abet - To aid, promote, or encourage the commission of (an offense).
12. abeyance - A state of suspension or temporary inaction.
13. abhorrence - The act of detesting extremely.
14. abhorrent - Very repugnant; hateful.
15. abidance - An abiding.