1. abject - Sunk to a low condition.
2. abjure - To recant, renounce, repudiate under oath.
3. able-bodied - Competent for physical service.
4. ablution - A washing or cleansing, especially of the body.
5. abnegate - To renounce (a right or privilege).
6. abnormal - Not conformed to the ordinary rule or standard.
7. abominable - Very hateful.
8. abominate - To hate violently.
9. abomination - A very detestable act or practice.
10. aboriginal - Primitive; unsophisticated.
11. aborigines - The original of earliest known inhabitants of a country.
12. aboveboard - Without concealment, fraud, or trickery.
13. abrade - To wear away the surface or some part of by friction.
14. abrasion - That which is rubbed off.
15. abridge - To make shorter in words, keeping the essential features, leaning out minor particles.