1. abridgment - A condensed form as of a book or play.
2. abrogate - To abolish, repeal.
3. abrupt - Beginning, ending, or changing suddenly or with a break.
4. abscess - A Collection of pus in a cavity formed within some tissue of the body.
5. abscission - The act of cutting off, as in a surgical operation.
6. abscond - To depart suddenly and secretly, as for the purpose of escaping arrest.
7. absence - The fact of not being present or available.
8. absent-minded - Lacking in attention to immediate surroundings or business.
9. absolution - Forgiveness, or passing over of offenses.
10. absolve - To free from sin or its penalties.
11. absorb - To drink in or suck up, as a sponge absorbs water.
12. absorption - The act or process of absorbing.
13. abstain - To keep oneself back (from doing or using something).
14. abstemious - Characterized by self denial or abstinence, as in the use of drink, food.
15. abstinence - Self denial.