1. alacrity - Cheerful willingness.
2. albeit conj. Even though. -
3. albino - A person with milky white skin and hair, and eyes with bright red pupil and usually pink iris.
4. album - A book whose leaves are so made to form paper frames for holding photographs or the like.
5. alchemy - Chemistry of the middle ages, characterized by the pursuit of changing base metals to gold.
6. alcohol - A volatile, inflammable, colorless liquid of a penetrating odor and burning taste.
7. alcoholism - A condition resulting from the inordinate or persistent use of alcoholic beverages.
8. alcove - A covered recess connected with or at the side of a larger room.
9. alder - Any shrub or small tree of the genus Alumnus, of the oak family.
10. alderman - A member of a municipal legislative body, who usually exercises also certain judicial functions.
11. aldermanship - The dignity, condition, office, or term of office of an alderman.
12. alias - An assumed name.
13. alien - One who owes allegiance to a foreign government.
14. alienable - Capable of being aliened or alienated, as lands.
15. alienate - To cause to turn away.