1. amour - A love-affair, especially one of an illicit nature.
2. ampere - The practical unit of electric-current strength.
3. ampersand - The character &; and.
4. amphibious - Living both on land and in water.
5. amphitheater - An edifice of elliptical shape, constructed about a central open space or arena.
6. amplitude - Largeness.
7. amply - Sufficiently.
8. amputate - To remove by cutting, as a limb or some portion of the body.
9. amusement - Diversion.
10. anachronism - Anything occurring or existing out of its proper time.
11. anagram - The letters of a word or phrase so transposed as to make a different word or phrase.
12. analogous - Corresponding (to some other) in certain respects, as in form, proportion, relations.
13. analogy - Reasoning in which from certain and known relations or resemblance others are formed.
14. analyst - One who analyzes or makes use of the analytical method.
15. analyze - To examine minutely or critically.