1. anarchy - Absence or utter disregard of government.
2. anathema - Anything forbidden, as by social usage.
3. anatomy - That branch of morphology which treats of the structure of organisms.
4. ancestry - Ones ancestors collectively.
5. anecdote - A brief account of some interesting event or incident.
6. anemia - Deficiency of blood or red corpuscles.
7. anemic - Affected with anemia.
8. anemometer - An instrument for measuring the force or velocity of wind.
9. anesthetic - Pertaining to or producing loss of sensation.
10. anew - Once more.
11. angelic - Saintly.
12. Anglophobia - Hatred or dread of England or of what is English.
13. Anglo-Saxon - The entire English race wherever found, as in Europe, the United States, or India.
14. angular - Sharp-cornered.
15. anhydrous - Withered.