1. antagonism - Mutual opposition or resistance of counteracting forces, principles, or persons.
2. Antarctic - Pertaining to the south pole or the regions near it.
3. ante - In the game of poker, to put up a stake before the cards are dealt.
4. antecede - To precede.
5. antecedent - One who or that which precedes or goes before, as in time, place, rank, order, or causality.
6. antechamber - A waiting room for those who seek audience.
7. antedate - To assign or affix a date to earlier than the actual one.
8. antediluvian - Of or pertaining to the times, things, events before the great flood in the days of Noah.
9. antemeridian - Before noon.
10. antemundane - Pertaining to time before the worlds creation.
11. antenatal - Occurring or existing before birth.
12. anterior - Prior.
13. anteroom - A room situated before and opening into another, usually larger.
14. anthology - A collection of extracts from the writings of various authors.
15. anthracite - Hard coal.