1. authenticity - The state or quality of being genuine, or of the origin and authorship claimed.
2. autobiography - The story of ones life written by himself.
3. autocracy - Absolute government.
4. autocrat - Any one who claims or wields unrestricted or undisputed authority or influence.
5. automaton - Any living being whose actions are or appear to be involuntary or mechanical.
6. autonomous - Self-governing.
7. autonomy - Self-government.
8. autopsy - The examination of a dead body by dissection to ascertain the cause of death.
9. autumnal - Of or pertaining to autumn.
10. auxiliary - One who or that which aids or helps, especially when regarded as subsidiary or accessory.
11. avalanche - The fall or sliding of a mass of snow or ice down a mountain-slope, often bearing with it rock.
12. avarice - Passion for getting and keeping riches.
13. aver - To assert as a fact.
14. averse - Reluctant.
15. aversion - A mental condition of fixed opposition to or dislike of some particular thing.