1. avert - To turn away or aside.
2. aviary - A spacious cage or enclosure in which live birds are kept.
3. avidity - Greediness.
4. avocation - Diversion.
5. avow - To declare openly.
6. awaken - To arouse, as emotion, interest, or the like.
7. awry - Out of the proper form, direction, or position.
8. aye - An expression of assent.
9. azalea - A flowering shrub.
10. azure - The color of the sky.
11. Baconian - Of or pertaining to Lord Bacon or his system of philosophy.
12. bacterium - A microbe.
13. badger - To pester.
14. baffle - To foil or frustrate.
15. bailiff - An officer of court having custody of prisoners under arraignment.