COLLOCATIONS - 14

COLLOCATIONS - 14

Collocations లో Rush to some one's help, Lend a helping hand / lend a hand, Thoroughly mistaken మొదలైన వ్యక్తీరణలూ, వాటి ప్రయోగాలూ తెలుసుకుందాం!
Sourabha: Hi Narmada, your colleague seems to have lent a helping hand in clearing the files. How nice of him!
                   
(మీ సహోద్యోగి files పూర్తి చేయడంలో సాయపడినట్లున్నాడు. ఎంత మంచివాడో!)

Narmada: you are thoroughly mistaken. My colleague helping me? The help that I get from him is precious little. Luck doesn't favour me that way.( నువ్వు పూర్తిగా పొరబడ్డావు. నా సహోద్యోగి నాకు సాయపడ్డమా? అతడి దగ్గర నుంచి నాకు సాయం చాలా తక్కువ నాకా అదృష్టం లేదు.)
Sourabha:  I don't face that kind of situation in our office. My colleagues rush to my help if I need it, and so do I when they need my help.
    
(అలాంటి పరిస్థితి నాకు మా ఆఫీస్‌లో లేదు. నా సహోద్యోగులు అవసరమైనప్పుడు నన్నాదుకునేందుకు సిద్ధపడతారు, నేనూ అంతే వాళ్లకు నా సాయం కావాల్సినప్పుడు.)
Narmada:
 
How I envy you! I have to be on my own whenever a plan has to be implemented in our company. Even in emergencies none comes to my rescue- days were when I could not finish my work before 9 in the evening.( నువ్వంటే నాకు ఎంత ఈర్ష్యగా ఉందో! మా company లో ఏ పథకమైనా ఆచరణలో పెట్టాలంటే నాకు నేనే చేసుకోవాలి. అత్యవసర పరిస్థితుల్లో కూడా నాకెవరూ సాయం చేయరు. రాత్రి 9 వరకూ పని పూర్తవని రోజులెన్నో.)

Sourabha: How could they be so uncooperative? Doesn't your boss do anything about it?   (అంత సహాయం చేయకుండా ఎలా ఉంటారు వాళ్లు? మీ boss ఈ విషయంలో ఏం చేయలేరా?)
Narmada: All that he does is sympathise with me, and nothing else. He overlooks their faults as he is afraid of the union. They always have their grievances, and get them redressed, but there is none to attend to mine. I fight a lonely battle. I think I have to be put up with it till I get a transfer. Till then I think I have face the challenge.(ఆయన చేయగల్గిందల్లా నాకు సానుభూతి చూపడమే. యూనియన్ అంటే ఆయనకు భయం కాబట్టి వాళ్ళ తప్పులు ఆయన పట్టించుకోడు. వాళ్ల బాధలు వాళ్ళకెప్పుడూ ఉంటాయి. వాటిని వాళ్లు నివారింపజేసుకుంటారు. నా బాధలే పట్టించుకునే వాళ్లులేరు. బదిలీ వచ్చేదాక నేనీ బాధలు పడాల్సిందే. ఈ సవాలు నేనెదుర్కోవాల్సిందే.)
Look at the following expressions from the conversation above:

1) Lend a hand/ a helping hand = చేయూత ఇవ్వడం/ సాయపడటం
    
a) Santosh: I just can't find words to thank you enough. You have been great help really.
                         (నీకు తగినంత ధన్యవాదాలు తెలిపేందుకు నాకు మాటలు రావట్లేదు. నిజంగా ఎంతో సాయపడ్డావు.)
        
Pramod: Oh, not at all. It's my pleasure. Always willing to lend a hand
                        
(అంతేం లేదులెండి. నా సంతోషంకోసం చేశా. సాయపడేందుకెప్పుడూ సిద్ధమే)
   
b) Yasas: Could you lend (me) a hand with this maths problem?
                    
(ఈ లెక్క చేయడంలో నీకు సాయపడనా?)
      
Keerthi: That'd (That would) be a pleasure. Let me see.
                      
(సంతోషంగా. ఏదీ చూడనీ)

2) Thoroughly mistaken       
      To be mistaken = To have a wrong idea = పొరపడటం.
      Thoroughly = completely = పూర్తిగా. 

      Mistaken ఎప్పుడూ thoroughlyతో collocate అవుతుంది.
      
a) Lasith: I think with the passing of Anna's Lokpal Bill, corruption will end in India.
                         
(అన్నా హజారే ప్రతిపాదించిన లోక్‌పాల్ బిల్లు ఆమోదిస్తే అవినీతి అంతమైపోతుందనుకుంటా.)
         
Kashyap: You are thoroughly mistaken. Only, cases of corruption will come to light early.
                          
(నువ్వు పూర్తిగా పొరబడ్డావు. అదేం జరగదు. అయితే అవినీతి వ్యవహారాలు త్వరగా బయటపడతాయి.)
     
b) I was thoroughly mistaken in my opinion of him = అతడిని గురించి అభిప్రాయంలో నేను పూర్తిగా పొరబడ్డాను. (thorough - ఇంకో అర్థం - క్షుణ్ణంగా)
      
Examine, search, prepare - వీటితో కూడా 'thorough/ thoroughly' వాడతాం.
      
a) The doctor examined the patient thoroughly = డాక్టరు రోగిని క్షుణ్ణంగా  పరీక్షించాడు.
      
b) The police allowed people to enter the station only after a thorough search/ after searching the place thoroughly.
           
(పోలీసులు ఆ ప్రదేశాన్ని క్షుణ్ణంగా పరిశీలించాకే, ప్రజలను అనుమతించారు.)
      
c) He took the exam after thorough preparation = పూర్తి సంసిద్ధతతోనే అతడు పరీక్ష రాశాడు.
      
d) He is thorough with the subject and can answer any question = అతడికి విషయం క్షుణ్ణంగా తెలుసు. ఏ ప్రశ్నకైనా సమాధానం చెప్పగలడు.

3) Rush to some one's help = ఒకరికి సహాయం వేగంగా అందించడం.
      
a) Harish: What's all this noice about?
                         
(ఏంటీ గొడవంతా?)
         
Aparna: A bus has caught fire and people are rushing to help the victims
                        
(బస్ తగలబడి పోతోంది. బాధితులకు సాయం అందించేందుకు జనం పరుగెత్తుతున్నారు.)
     
b) The authorities are rushing food supplies to the flood victims.
          
(వరద బాధితులకు అధికారులు ఆహారాన్ని వేగంగా అందిస్తున్నారు.)

4) Implement = Put into action = ఆచరణలో పెట్టడం/ అమలు పరచడం = execute.
    
a) Somu: It certainly is a well thought of plan.
                    
(అది మంచి ఆలోచనతో చేసిన ప్రణాళిక.)
        
Ramu: The plans are all well thought of, but who implements them?
                     
(అన్ని ప్రణాళికలూ ఆలోచనతో కూడుకున్నవే. కానీ వాటిని అమలు పర్చేదెవరూ?)
    
b) Plans are easy to make but difficult to implement = ప్రణాళికలు చేయడం సులభమే, కాని వాటిని ఆచరణలో పెట్టడమే కష్టం.

Look at some more collocations here:
  
Make a plan; A well thought of plan.


5) Go to/ come to someone's rescue = ఆపద నుంచి కాపాడటం/ ఆదుకోవడం.
    
a) Madan: He is so poor. How is he able to do such an expensive course?
                        (అతను బీదవాడు కదా! అంత ఖరీదైన చదువు ఎలా చదవగలుగుతున్నాడు?)
        
Mohan: He was about to give up his studies, but his wealthy uncle came to his rescue.
                       
(చదువు దాదాపు ఆపేశాడతడు. ఇంతలో బాగా డబ్బున్న వాళ్ల మామయ్య అతన్ని ఆదుకున్నాడు.)    

    b) Remember how Srikrishna went to the rescue of Draupadi?
         
(శ్రీకృష్ణుడు ద్రౌపదిని ఎలా ఆదుకున్నదీ గుర్తుంది కదా!)   

 c) Sumanth: I am ready to buy the car at any cost.
                      
(ఎంత ధరైనా ఆ car కొనేందుకు నేను సిద్ధం.)
       
Hemanth: Don't be foolish. If you squander money like this, nobody will come to your rescue.
                          
(పిచ్చి పనులు చేయకు. ఇలా డబ్బు పారేసుకుంటే నిన్ను ఆదుకునే వాళ్లెవరూ ఉండరు.)